Friday, September 11, 2009

Skype Coference Call 26 August 2009

Once again, unfortunately I was not able to be part of the Skype chat due to other commitments. I have however, use Skype in the past and it has been rather successful. I have used voice and video chat as part of Skype. My computer does not seem to be able to download the transcript from the discussion (antique version computer) but from talking with other students who were able to be present at the meeting it does not seem this instance was all that successful.
The students I spoke to about the Skype conference agreed that the program does work well on a one to one basis but when a large group attempt to be part of it at the one time it is not quite as successful - this is probably due to differing bandwiths.
Generally speaking though, Skype is an excellent resource that I have used previously to communicate (rather inexpensively) with educators the other side of the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment