Thursday, September 10, 2009

Topic 1 - Exercise 3

An Heuristic Experience

As I teach in a Catholic School in Tasmania I thought I would do my evaluation on the Tasmanian Catholic Education Office Website, as this website is widely used by myself and colleagues.
In terms of effectiveness the website rates average in my opinion. All the necessary components are listed and at a click on the link and most of the information is at your fingertips. The thing that let it down is the curriculum component which is critical for myself and my colleagues to be able to find proves to be a little tricky to locate.
Subject: Tasmanian Catholic Education Office: Computer System Usability Questionnaire
Sender: smokie@southcom.com.au
From: smokie@southcom.com.au (CSUQ)

system=Tasmanian Catholic Education Office
date=2009-09-05 22:05:33
comment=
q1=7
q2=7
q3=7
q4=7
q5=7
q6=7
q7=7
q8=7
q9=3
q10=6
q11=4
q12=7
q13=5
q14=6
q15=6
q16=7
q17=6
q18=4
q19=7
negative1=Some of the tags are not specific for example finding the curriculum we use in teaching is not straightforward.
negative2=Online help is not very satisfactory,
positive1=Everything is on the site that is required although some things are not as specific as they could be.
positive2=The interface is pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment