Thursday, September 10, 2009

Topic 2 - Exeercise 1

Virtual Environments and Your Cognition
As I was already a member of Facebook I am familiar with how the social networking site works and willingly joined the online community set up for this course.
I asked many people who were in the group to be my “friend” but only two responded. I believe that has more to do with members being unfamiliar with each other rather than anything personal. We are constantly receiving warnings via email and Facebook itself not to accept requests by certain people to be friends because there are some out there who are predators and/or looking to taking over one’s identity. I think if the participants in this course were more familiar with one and other I would have had more success in adding to my “friends” list.
Social Cognition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_cognition is a study of the way individual’s process information, particularly in the encoding, storage , retrieving and applying to social situations.

Visual Cognition
http://www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~uctymfm/Lecture%20Notes/BA%20Psychology/Visual%20Cognition%202.pdf
the capacity to see objects around us. These capacities involve the manipulation of representations through inference.

No comments:

Post a Comment